What is Back Pain in elderly?
Back pain and Old age
Low back pain happens to be one of the most disabling conditions in the Asians. With age and as we near 40, the degenerative and bony changes take place all over the body. Low back spine being most affected as its level compromises with the stability due to the segment (L3-L5) being highly mobile.
- Tingling sensation and numbness, depending upon the level of affected nerve root.
- Sometimes knee slightly flexed or bent.
- All back movements are restricted and forward flexion or bending may increase the pain on coughing or straining.
- Numbness during urination.
- Tenderness seems to be present on the midline of the back.